Pages

Friday, March 22, 2013

Exhaustion 3; Creativity 0


Let me just start by saying my creativity is having a major battle with my exhaustion.

I would love to make this post all about what the Digital Parents Conference was all about and how I was knocked over by the amazing bloggers‘ stories that had a room full of women weeping and cheering and then weeping again and then dancing on tables (yes they really did, even if it was for but a brief moment to bring the Harlem Shake, Blogger version, to life).

But to do the two-day extravaganza justice I need more time!  But I will record here, before the feeling goes away, how I felt so at home with so many writers in one room.  How motivated I am now to pull my story together that I’ve been drafting for twenty years.  And once I get my notes out and everyone’s cards I collected out of my bag I will start to do a proper summary of what it all meant to me and acknowledge the greatness of those I was privileged to be with.

This is sounding a lot syrupy than I intended it to be so I’ll just finish by promising to get lots of sleep on the weekend so I won’t snap at all three members of my family again like I just did (why can’t I have my own room???  Allison and Kerri said writing is a very lonely job but not ‘round here!).

Anyway, I’ll leave you with a little peak of what my view was like in snapshot form:


... and if anyone sees this guys' little partner, please let me know! It was only it's second time out and he escaped (damn Bon Jovi)!


*Joining my Dancing Queen, Grace with FYBF*

7 comments:

  1. Oh no! We jinxed them! Great to see you again. Hope that little birdie turns up. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was wonderful to see you too! I'm thinking the one remaining earring may turn into a necklace now. So all good!

      Delete
  2. Disappointed to have missed the Harlem Shake! I hope you find the other one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was a very short and memorable event, even if I did feel a bit of a dork.

      Delete
  3. Good to meet you there again and hope that the wee birdy is back home. What a fab bunch of people, but yes it was totally exhausting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really glad to see you again too and hear your lovely accent. Unfortunately the wee birdy did not turn up but at least I'll remember where I lost it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post. It's real! There's a lot of pressure to 'match' posts that are flying around the blogosphere after a conference. Instead settle back, soak it up and enjoy. The conference was awesome yes indeed. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments. Keep 'em comin'! [All comments are moderated but all opinions are welcome.]