Pages

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Waking up the brain

Why is it I can remember the words to a song I probably haven't heard in 20 years but I can't remember what I did with a receipt my boss handed me four days ago?

Why can I remember my childhood home phone number (which we only had for two years 'cause we moved so many times) but I can't remember the name of someone I worked with five years ago?

It's a mystery.  But that's not very useful when I've undertaken a new course to learn some new programming language (that explains my slack blogging frequency lately).  I think I've written in this code before but I can't remember.  Sad, isn't it.  I'm only 46 and I'm losing my memory already (I've actually been losing it for quite awhile, probably coinciding with giving birth).

But sometimes something in my hazy head wakes up and I suddenly get it.  So you can teach an old dog new tricks.

In other wonderful news....

My fiercely competitive young teen won her netball grand final today!  I was so proud and happy for her, almost as if I had won it myself.  This is the feeling your kids give you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love your comments. Keep 'em comin'! [All comments are moderated but all opinions are welcome.]